4040A Differential Amplifier FAQs

For Q&A on this wide range, 50MHz bandwidth, differential amplifier for the PXI form.
asabnis@tegam.com

4040A Differential Amplifier FAQs

Post by asabnis@tegam.com »

These are few 4040A FAQs that I came across frequently.

How can I translate the offset setting to a voltage?

DAC has a setting from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF with a zero offset at 7FFF. The offset is adjustable (when properly loaded by 50 Ω) +/- 1.25 Volt at the Output. Therefore, into 50 Ω, each code of the offset DAC is worth 1.25 V/32768 counts = 38.14 µV/count.

What is the resulting output voltage range?

Peak differential x gain needs to be less than 1 V to achieve specifications. It is really possible to output about 1.8 V into 50 Ω. However this will compromise specifications and should not be recommended.

Is it possible to increase the differential input voltage range of the 4040A?

The measurement range of the 4040A can be expanded up to 1200 Vpk by combining a TEGAM 4040A with x10 or x100 probes.
An application note explaining the same can also be downloaded from http://www.tegam.com/PDF_Files/Applicat ... /AN504.pdf

Is a digitizer necessary to run 4040A?

The 4040A delivers a convenient and reliable interface to extend the range, accuracy, and repeatability of your measurements. The 4040A can be easily connected to your digitizer or scope or used as a stand alone instrumentation amplifier for signal conditioning and in various tests and experiments.
Refer to http://www.tegam.com/PDF_Files/Applicat ... /AN503.pdf for more information.

Is 4040A provided with a LabVIEW driver?

Yes, 4040A comes with a LabVIEW driver. In addition, an interactive front panel application provides manual control of all of the board's features. It can be downloaded from http://www.tegam.com/product.asp?modelN ... esources=1

I have a specific application where 4040A might work, how can I find out more?

Please email Amit Sabnis (asabnis@tegam.com) or call 440-466-6100 with your application details to speak with our applications engineer.
Last edited by asabnis@tegam.com on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cwr215

Re: 4040A FAQs

Post by cwr215 »

Does the 4040A card have Labview RT support?

asabnis@tegam.com

Re: 4040A FAQs

Post by asabnis@tegam.com »

The attached driver should work with LabVIEW RT.

For LabVIEW RT: To apply the contents of this file to a system's settings, ftp this file to "/ni-rt/system" and reboot the computer.

Also please follow the instructions below to install it in the Windows inf folder.

• Make sure that the 4040A card is not inserted in the chassis.
• Uninstall TEGAM 4040A driver from the Control Panel.
• Go to C:\WINDOWS\inf folder and delete all the 4040A inf and PNF files.
• Download the attached driver.
• Unzip the driver and right click on the 4040A.inf file and click on Install.
• Reboot the system by inserting the 4040A.

Please email me with any questions.

Amit Sabnis
Applications Engineer
440 466 6100
asabnis@tegam.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.